Bleh

Jan 10, 2013

(Angel Soft Ultra = total false advertisement)

I've had a runny nose for the past month.  Sometimes its really bad, and I can't find a time during the day when I'm not blowing my nose, and sometimes its only slight runny and more annoying that debilitating.  Today is one of those this-cold-is-gonna-kick-your-ass kind of days for me.

Everyone tells me to "go to the doctor" because "its probably a sinus infection," but I refuse.  And here's why.  I believe in two things (probably more, but just these two at this moment): (1) antibiotics will cause the end of the world, and (2) doctors get kickbacks for every Z-pack they prescribe.  But I have good news!  I went on WebMD this morning (which is just like a real doctor, thanks to the symptom checker, which doesn't get kickbacks for every antibiotic prescribed) and Dr. WebMD told me that most sinus infections can resolve themselves without antibiotics and that the drug may actually be harmful, especially if the infection's caused by a virus.

Music to my ears (or eyes, since this was read?).

I haven't been taking anything to help with the symptoms because I generally try to stay away from drugs (D.A.R.E. and all), but I think I might run down to the pharmacy and pick up some Sudafed.  Whatever this thing is, its has me defeated.

PS: Not-so-great photo for a not-so-great day, and I'm not even going to feel bad about it.

1 comments:

very much reality All rights reserved © Blog Milk